28.1.09

whoops, I shopped

On Sunday I was browsing some online stores for a DVD the boy wanted. I couldn't find the movie for him, but instead got lost on Amazon (UK version) and accidentally bought something for myself.

I like flea markets and manage to buy almost only nice stuff I really like, but often the stuff are still left hidden in the cabinets. If I make an arrangement on a windowsill or a shelf, it tends to stay the same for a long time. To get some new ideas, I bought a book Flea market style, by Emily Chalmers.I've only had a chance to browse the book quickly (it came in the post today), but it looks very nice. Some of the homes are a little overboard even for me (the stuff gatherer), but as said, this is just for inspiration, not for copying a look.I especially like the chairs in many pictures. A few years ago I used to buy chairs from flea markets, even though I already had enough at home. Now every time I go to a flea market, I have to tell myself not to look at any chairs. Except if I were to find any Hans J. Wegner chairs... I'm forever regretting not buying a pair of Wegner chairs in an antique carage some five years ago. And a nice armchair last summer on an outdoor flea market. And and and...

The funny thing is, I placed the order on Amazon on Sunday and it came today. In three days from UK to north of Finland. I also placed and order on Monday to a Finnish webshop. The delivery has not arrived from there yet. I would think, since both the orders had similar delivery terms, the Finnish shop would deliver faster. Not that I'm in any hurry, just wondering.

Ei kommentteja: