31.1.09

domestic goddess

Not. Sometimes the simplest household tasks seem to be like climbing to conquer K2. The tidier, more organized person in this house is the boy. He's a virgo and even if I don't believe in horoscopes, everything they say about virgos being very particular about tidyness applies to him. I'm much more about the overall look and decorating, not cleaning. I do clean the kitchen and bathrooms, but if the whole house was left to me to keep clean, you would see the decorative items gathering dust for a month before I would take the duster and go for it. This might have something to do with my moms obsessive cleaning. Because of the cat, my mom vacuums almost every day. I really don't like the sound of a vacuum cleaner.

Other days, like this morning, doing the chores is much easier and I don't even think about them, I just do them. It's going to be so nice to go to bed in the evening, to make a nest inside the aired bedclothes and fresh sheets.

Sheets are Jorun Frö from Ikea.

Ei kommentteja: