2.11.08

heart of glass

Today I watched a documentary of desert glass found in Egyptian Sahara. It was an interesting program and got me thinking about glass. I've always like glass. Clear and coloured glass. As a kid I remember I was faschinated with how clear glass could have colour as well, very light green or blue bottles were found at the attic of our old summer cottage. Once I found an old bottle of Singer sewing machine oil, it still had some remains of the oil inside. The cap was made of cork and metal. I still have the bottle today.

Another glass I've liked since I was small is sea glass. We were in Greece, in Crete and I picked pieces of sea glass in the white sand. Sadly I've misplaced my findings, but from a few years back, from Rhodes, I have a whole jarfull of sea glass. My sister thought me crazy to carry bits of glass back home, but I so love it. And it compensated a little the bits gone missing. I even found some treasures, blue coloured glass bits. Usually the ones I found were clear, green and brown, hence the most popular beer bottle colours.

And I don't have a heart of glass, I'm very warm hearted person, I'm sure my boy will wouch for me. But I really like the song by Blondie.

Ei kommentteja: