On wet and cold days like these, I think comfort food is much needed. So I made some spinach soup with boiled eggs and bought some pudding (caramel) for dessert. Spinach soup is comfort food for me, because I really, really, really like bechamel sauce and this soup recipe is based on that. I didn't have fresh spinach though, so I used frozen, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.
150 g of frozen spinach
50 g butter
50 g plain flour
1 l milk (warm)
salt
nutmeg
(ground white pepper)
2 hard boiled eggs
Boil the eggs 10 minutes (or to taste). Melt the frozen spinach in a small kettle with 0,5 dl of water and let boil for a few minutes. Set aside. Warm the milk in a microwave oven or in a separate kettle. In a larger kettle over lower heat, melt the butter and add the flour, whisking the mixture smooth. Add the warm milk half and half at a time, whisking gently. ( Keep on whisking and whisk along the bottom of the kettle to keep the milk from sticking.) Bring up to a boil, add salt and nutmeg (and white pepper) to taste. Add the spinach, mix well and let boil for just a moment (whisking away). Peel the eggs, halve them and place in the bowl over the hot soup. Enjoy with nice bread and some dessert to finish.
(Source of the recipe is unknown, I have had this written down on a piece of paper for long.)

2 kommenttia:
Really beautiful posting!
Nice picturs and pretty colors!!
Congrats!!!
Thank you David!
Lähetä kommentti