4.2.09

plants

I'm definitely in the spring mood, even though it's snowing outside. Actually the snow is blowing horizontally past the window, but nevermind, in my mind it's only sunshine. I'm already planning on sowing some seeds for spring. Not actually sowing yet, but what to sow. My mom got me some geranium seeds and maybe I could sow some lettuce and lavender. The lettuce I had last year was some sort of ice lettuce, it was very crisp and delicious and gave bearing all summer long.

What I'm really dreaming of sowing (or planting the bulbs actually) are the Checkered lilies (Fritillaria meleagris). I've loved them since I was a kid, but we've neved had them growing in the garden. Not at mom and dads nor at home. Maybe it's time to try, even though I might be able to enjoy them only in a few summers.picture from www.plantforlife.info

Ei kommentteja: