7.6.09

breakfast

Breakfast might be my favourite meal of the day. One morning has so far been so warm that I could take my coffee outside. That was last weekend that, now it's so cold I'm concerned for my flowers. Poor things. So far they look fine, except the Hydrangea, but that was expected. When I decided to splurge 40 euros on a single flower, it predicts trouble.To take my thought to a more summery level, I had cherries and some organic granola with my yoghurt this morning. I also made some breadrolls in the freezer last night and baked them in the morning. This recipe was better than the previous I tried.Breadrolls for breakfast (make the dough in the evening)
about 10 pcs

3 dl cold water or milk
5-6 grams of dried yeast
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs sugar or honey
1,5 ts salt
1 dl rolled oats
6 dl mix of flours, I used whole wheat spelt, plain breadflour and graham flour (all organic)
0,5 dl plain flour

Dissolve the yeast to the liquid and add the rest of the ingredients, including 6 dl of the flours. Mix well and see, if you need to add the rest 0,5 dl of the flour. The dough should be on the moist side, but not too sticky either. Knead with your hands until the dough is smooth and loosens from the edges of the bowl. Sprinkle some flour on the table and place the dough on it. Form it in an elongated shape and cut to 10 pcs. With wet hands, form rolls of the pieces and place on a baking tray over a sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle some flour over the rolls and cover with a kitchen cloth. Place in the fridge for overnight.
In the morning, take the tray out of the fridge to let the rolls rise a bit while heating the oven to 250 C. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, be careful not to overbake.
Enjoy for breakfast with nice toppings.
Recipe from a Finnish baking book Saa vaivata by Saara Törmä (might be sold out). Great book, I've made almost all of the recipes and they're all very nice. Almost all of them are made without eggs.

Ei kommentteja: